Aluminum rectangular tubing is formed by extrude and wide range in various type of building and industry, because its light-weight, good corrosion, and brightness appearance, hardness advantage, additionally, The well machinable capability and good welding ability is also better than other metal.
Wellste aluminum rectangular tubing available material is 6063 and 6061 alloy, 6063 Aluminum Rectangular tube are used in Home Depot, window and door frames, Tile Trim, furniture, and architectural etc. It has a fantastic surface appearance with 6063 Alloy.
6061 aluminum rectangular tubing has higher tensile and yield strength than Alloy 6063, so they are primarily used as a structural component, truck & bike frame, and electrical fittings etc.
Furthermore, if you require much higher strength and hardness. 6083 and 7075 alloy can be count on wellste, we can extrude this high-strength aluminum tube for you.
Contact our sales engineer today and we can advise which alloy No. is best for you.
|Item Name||Aluminum Rectangular Tubing|
|Material||Aluminium 6000 series, 5000 series, 7000 series, Other special inquired|
|Temper||T4 T5 T6|
|Quality Standard||GB/T 5237-2008,GB/T 6892-2015, GB/T 14846-2014|
|Length||3-6 Meter per piece, or as your inquiry|
|Finish||Mill-finish, Anodized, Powder coated, Electropheresis, Woodgrain, Brushed, Polishing|
|Open Mould||10-15 days|
|Production Time||20-25 days|
|Payment||TT, L/C, etc|
|MOQ||500KG each one|
|Deep process||CNC, drilling, milling, cutting, bending, tapping, welding, assembling, punching|
|Standard Packaging||PE shrink film,Non-woven Fabric, Craft paper, Carton, Or customized packing|
-Standard Packing Option-
* Long bar length profiles 3.0-6.0 meters*
* Short bar length profiles 0.3-3.0 meters*
-Loading & Shipment-
Wellste: Your Best Aluminum Rectangular Tubing Manufacturer
Wellste aluminum rectangular tubing gains much good feedback from our clients. We have in-house tooling manufacturing and one-stop aluminum fabrication. we can supply comprehensive competitive price and short lead time, It can support your local business more reliable.
As 20-years premier aluminum rectangular tubing manufacturer, Our products have been exported to many countries, including the United States of America, Italy, Poland, Spain, Africa, and Mexico.
At Wellste, we provide various kinds of surface treatment. There are anodized, powder coated, electrophoresis coating and PVDF coating. After anodizing, it forms a protective layer of aluminum oxide which will improve corrosion resistance and wear resistance, and also give you a good outlook. You can get black, champagne, bronze, and red color without any more fee.
If you need more color, powder coat is suitable, it can get more color than anodizing. Wellste owns hundreds of standard aluminium tube sizes comes in various dimension and thickness. We have an available mold for these aluminum rectangular tubing with round corners, Whatever small or large Aluminum rectangular tubing, wellste owns 35stes from 600 to 6800Ton extrusion line can guarantee stable and short delivery time, we can let you receive the goods 20% faster than ordinary lead time.
Wellste provide one-stop aluminum fabrication. We can do deep machining for the tubes. CNC/cutting/milling/punching/tapping/welding/assembling all can be realized in Wellste.
Wellste welcome customized and OEM. Our experienced engineer will assist with your design and help to create your product. If you inquiry aluminum rectangular tubing, wellste can be count on, Ask for a quote today, our sales engineer will reply you within 6hours.
Aluminum Rectangular Tubing: A Complete Buying Guide
If you want to make framework, fence, handrails or support columns with square corners, then aluminum rectangular tubing is a perfect alternative.
However, to import the right extruded aluminum rectangular tubing, you must know its key features, applications, and specifications, among other aspects.
That’s exactly what this guide will cover.
- What is Aluminum Rectangular Tubing?
- Key Features of Aluminum Rectangular Tubing
- Common Uses of Aluminum Rectangular Tube
- Types of Aluminum Rectangular Tubes in the Market
- Manufacturing Process of Aluminum Rectangular Tube
- Fabricating Aluminum Rectangular Tubing
- Finishing Operations Aluminum Rectangular Tube
- Key Specifications of Aluminum Rectangular Tube
What is Aluminum Rectangular Tubing?
It is an aluminum tubing with a rectangular cross-sectional area.
Aluminum rectangular tubing
They come in different aluminum grades for industrial and domestic applications.
Depending on the specific applications, you can machine, weld, or bend aluminum rectangular tubing.
But, before choosing rectangular aluminum tubing, it is important to understand its key features.
Of course, these are what makes it suitable for a specific use.
Key Features of Aluminum Rectangular Tubing
Generally, aluminum metal is popular due to its physical and mechanical properties.
Quite frankly, rectangular aluminum tubing has superior features.
Long aluminum rectangular tubing
- Lightweight makes structure portable and requires less reinforcement on the foundation (for the case of buildings)
- Has better thermal conductivity
- It has high diffuse reflectivity and low heat emission factor, hence suitable for cold outer shells and facelift applications
- Excellent corrosion resistance; hence, suitable for environments with salty water, outdoor applications, etc.
- Aluminum is eco-friendly
- Easy to recycle – used aluminum rectangular tubing can be recycled easily
- Available in a variety of alloys for different applications
- Easy to fabricate – you can cut, bend or weld rectangular aluminum tubing easily
As you can see, the features of rectangular aluminum tubing make it a perfect choice for most applications.
Common Uses of Aluminum Rectangular Tube
Aluminum rectangular tubing is a versatile accessory you can use for a wide range of applications.
Some of the most popular uses of aluminum rectangular tube include:
Swimming pool enclosure made from extruded aluminum rectangular tubing – Photo courtesy: Excelite Enclosure
· Marine Fittings
Most of the marine fittings use a wide range of rectangular aluminum tubes.
It is due to the excellent corrosion resistant properties, making aluminum rectangular tubing a perfect choice for marine environments.
· Door and Window Frames
· Stands and Shop Fittings
Display shelves, fittings, support structures, and other accessories are made from aluminum rectangular tubes.
They are easier to fabricate, besides having excellent finishing that catches customers’ eyes.
You will find display stands made from aluminum rectangular tubes in retail stores.
· Appliance Fittings
A number of TV stands, wall mount structures or refrigerator stands are made from aluminum tubes. In fact, aluminum rectangular tubing forms an important framework for these appliances.
· Camera Lens Mount
Most camera mounts should be lightweight, durable and corrosion resistant. This makes the aluminum rectangular tube a perfect material.
Types of Aluminum Rectangular Tubes in the Market
Depending on specific market requirements, you can choose from a range of aluminum rectangular tubing grades.
Some of the most common grades are:
Extruded rectangular aluminum tubing
1. 6061 Aluminum Rectangular Tube
A popular aluminum grade in the market known for:
- Highest level of corrosion resistance
- Lower strength compared to others in its family
- Excellent forming properties
- Easy to machine – you can cut, drill, bend, stamp, etc.
- Can be heat treated
2. 6063 Aluminum Rectangular Tube
Grade 6063 is also another popular rectangular aluminum tube that is widely used in various applications. It is popular for the following properties:
- Resistant to corrosion
- Lightweight with excellent workability
- Easy to machine
- A strong grade of aluminum alloy hence suitable for tubing for use in high strength areas
3. 6082 Aluminum Rectangular Tube
You can also consider rectangular tubing made from aluminum alloy 6082 because of the following:
- Has excellent corrosion resistance
- Known for higher strength than 6061 and 6063; hence, it forms durable and better structures.
- Easy to machine
Please note: 6082 aluminum rectangular tubes are slowly replacing 6061 aluminum rectangular tubes in many applications.
4. 5083 Aluminum Rectangular Tubing
The 5083 aluminum rectangular tubing is known for:
- Ability to withstand extreme environmental conditions
- Easy to machine
- Not suitable for extremely very high temperatures
- Guarantee exceptional performance in industrial applications
5. 1100 Aluminum Rectangular Tube
At times, you may consider this grade of aluminum, but you should pay attention to the following:
- Not suitable for applications that require high quality and high weight applications
- Has excellent machining properties
- Easy to weld
- Resistant to corrosion
6. 2024 Aluminum Rectangular Tube
This aluminum grade is known for copper as a major alloying element. Like other aluminum alloys, it is:
- Easy to machine, weld, and bend
- May require cladding to improve corrosion resistance properties
- Fatigue resistant
7. 3003 Aluminum Rectangular Tube
Here, manganese is a major alloying element. The 3003 aluminum rectangular alloy tubes are popular for:
- Suitable for medium strength applications
- Better resistance to atmospheric corrosion
- Excellent machining properties
Well, as you can see, these are the key grades of aluminum rectangular tubes you’re likely to find in the market.
As a rule of thumb, before you buy any grade of aluminum rectangular tubing, know the type of applications first. Secondly, understand the environment where you intend to use the extruded aluminum tube.
Of course, discussing all these with your aluminum tubing manufacturer will make it easier to get a suitable accessory.
Manufacturing Process of Aluminum Rectangular Tube
Once you have the right aluminum tubing extrusion machine, the process remains simple and straight forward.
Also, before you begin the process, it is important to test the quality of the aluminum grade.
Here is how the extrusion of aluminum rectangular tube works:
Step 1: Cut billet to the right size and heat to a suitable extrusion temperature. It may range between 800 and 925° F, depending on the aluminum grade.
Step 2: Transfer the billet to the loading area, then add a parting agent to prevent possible sticking of the billet during aluminum tube extrusion process. The extrusion machine will then apply pressure on the billet, putting in the right position ready for extrusion.
Step 3: The aluminum billet is then pushed against the die. Here the dies have the shape of an aluminum rectangular tube you need.
To prevent the die from overheating and oxides from forming, you’ll add liquid nitrogen.
Step 4: As you extrude aluminum rectangular tubing, take note of the exiting temperature. It will help you to maintain the extrusion speed.
Remember, different grades of aluminum have varying exiting temperature. For instance:
- For alloys 6063 aluminum alloy, the minimum temperature is 930° F
- In the case of 6061 aluminum alloy, the minimum temperature is 950° F
Step 5: Extruded aluminum rectangular tubing leaves the die, cools, and cut to an appropriate length.
Depending on the specific requirements, you can take through various finishing operations such as polishing, painting, etc.
Fabricating Aluminum Rectangular Tubing
Machining and fabrication is an important part of any metalwork process.
The best part, you can easily machine or fabricate aluminum rectangular tubing to meet your unique application requirements.
Here are some of the most common procedures:
1) Cutting Aluminum Rectangular Tube
Among the key aspects to consider when cutting extruded aluminum tubing include:
- Versatility, of the cutting process
Saw cutting aluminum rectangular tubing is also popular. With saw cutting technique, you can cut whatever section or sizes you need.
2) Drilling Aluminum Rectangular Tube
Choose the right drill bits that can machine the right size of holes you need. The surface finish should be perfect to avoid unnecessary costly finishing operations.
3) Welding Aluminum Rectangular Tube
When welding this material, you’ll notice the formation of brittle intermetallic compounds. You should avoid this by all means.
Some of the most common techniques of welding aluminum rectangular tubing include friction, arc, explosion, and flash welding, among others.
In fact, arc welding is a common type of welding aluminum rectangular tube using gas tungsten with 5356 filler material.
Moreover, you may also consider dip coating as a method for welding this material.
4) Bending Aluminum Rectangular Tube
You can bend aluminum rectangular tubing to any shape and size. However, you should use the appropriate tools and equipment for accurate and reliable bends.
You should pay attention to the following:
- Bend radius
- Wall thickness
- Outside radius
- Bend die
- Forming rolls
Just ensure the process does not interfere with the critical properties of aluminum rectangular tubing.
Finishing Operations Aluminum Rectangular Tube
After aluminum rectangular tube extrusion, machining, and fabrication, you will require a fine finish.
There are many finishing operations you can adopt when dealing with aluminum rectangular tubing.
- Anodizing aluminum rectangular tubing
- Powder coating aluminum rectangular tubing
- Painting aluminum rectangular tubing
- Polishing aluminum rectangular tubing
You will choose finishing operations depending on the specific needs of your applications.
Key Specifications of Aluminum Rectangular Tube
Some of the main specifications of aluminum rectangular tubing include:
Aluminum rectangular tubing dimension
- Wall thickness – it determines the size of the rectangular aluminum tubing wall thickness. It should be uniform throughout the rectangular aluminum tubing.
- Dimensions – focuses on the width, wall thickness, height, and length of the rectangular aluminum tubing.
- Mechanical Properties – it will depend on the alloy grade. Remember, mechanical properties determine the fabrication and machining properties of aluminum tubing.
Among the key properties you should focus on include:
- Tensile Strength
- Yield Strength
- Brinell Hardness
- Rockwell Hardness
- Knoop Hardness
- Vickers Hardness
|Aluminum Alloy Temper & Mechanical Properties|
|Alloy No.||Temper||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength||Elongation||Webster hardness||Brinell hardness|
- Surface finish – they may include anodizing, powder coating, electrophoresis, mill-finish, Woodgrain finishing, etc.
- Quality standard specification – Some of the common standard specifications for this material include; BS EN 755 series and GB/T14846 among others.
Of course, to meet these quality standards, the aluminum rectangular tubing must pass several tests such as:
- Chemical composition of raw materials
- Tensile strength
- Yield strength
- Elongation, amongst others.
- Thermal conductivity – Aluminum rectangular tubing has good thermal conductivity properties. It is about 0.5 Thermal conductivity (cal/sec)/(cm2 C/cm) or 205 Thermal conductivity (W/m K). It will also depend on the alloy grade.
In short, before you buy extruded aluminum rectangular tubing, request for technical datasheet. You will get all the vital information about the physical and chemical properties of the aluminum grade you’re buying.
Among the key aspects, you must know before importing extruded aluminum rectangular tubing are specific uses, grades, features, machining techniques, and technical specifications, amongst others.
With this, you will get an aluminum rectangular tube that suits the exact requirements of your applications.
For inquiries, or orders on aluminum rectangular tubing, talk to us today.