- The main properties of aluminum
The main physical properties of metallic aluminum with a purity of 99.99% are:
Density 2.7 g / cm3
Melting point 660.1 C
Boiling point 2520 C
Average specific heat 917 J / (kg · K)
Heat of fusion 10.47 kJ/mol
Heat of vaporization 291.4 kJ / mol
Thermal conductivity 238 W / (m · K)
Resistivity 2.67 μΩ · cm
- Aluminum has a low density, only 2.7 times larger than water, aluminum is not magnetic, aluminum will not be brittle when aluminum at low temperatures (-198 ℃), it still has a good mechanical properties;
- Aluminum can be rolled into sheets and foils, pulled into filaments, extruded into a variety of complex shapes of the profiles, the ductility of aluminum is very good;
- Aluminum can be quickly combined in the air with Oxygen to produce a layer of dense and hard alumina film thickness of 0.005 ~ 0.02 microns which has good corrosion resistance.
- Aluminum can also be anodized or plated in the aluminum and aluminum products on the surface of the bright color of the oxide film.
2. The main usage of aluminum
- Aluminum has excellent physical properties, so aluminum is widely used across national economy and defense industry.
- Aluminum is used to be a lightweight structural materials, light weight, strength, land, sea, air and a variety of means of transport, especially aircraft, missiles, rockets, satellites.
- Various vehicles are made of aluminum and aluminum alloys, due to their light weight, reducing energy consumption and saving much more energy than aluminum.
- In the construction industry with aluminum alloy doors and windows for housing and structural materials, aluminum production of solar panels can save energy.
- In the power transmission, the amount of aluminum is in the first place, 90% of the high-voltage electrical wire is made of aluminum.
- In the food industry, from storage tanks to cans, as well as beverage containers are mostly made of aluminum.